01 September 2009

90s 'emo'

As bad as saying 'indie' & 'math' but somtimes you just gotta.

This is all 90s stuff:

I Hate Myself: 'Less Than Nothing' & 'Kind of a Long Way Down' are in my favourite songs fo lyfe with 'Roy on the Make' just behind'. Plus maybe 'Caught in a flood...' I cant pick.

Mineral: 'Power of Failing' album is one of the best things, the last two songs are fantastic. You also need to listen to February,

Promise Ring: Only have 1 album and havent followed thier so-called downfall and hairloss but it was the album that stopped me being part of the Kinsella circle-jerk. Always need a daily dose of 'Forget Me'

Penfold: If you like the everything else, this is exactly what your are looking for. Get 'Amateurs and Professionals' album. Or if still in doubt listen to 'Microchip' which is on some wierd compilation.

Texas Is the Reason: Getting to the more indie side, they have a split with The Promise Ring which si proberly a good starting poitn for both bands.

Sunny Day Real Estate: Im always unsure if I do liek this band or not, 'Diary' is the only album I listened to after a while.

Roadside Monument: a bit hit and miss but still underated.

Christie Front Drive: I really like the Boys Life split, I think thats the best place to start.

The Kossabone Red: Took Cap'n Jazz sound and made it so much better, defiantly worth a listen though stuff can be hard to find.

Spy Versus Spy: Doing what people do now but 10 years ago, english too. Don't confuse with 'Spy vs. Spy'.

Baby Harp Seal: Another English band, rad.

Candy Land Carcrash: Real good, lots of cool live videos about.

Add more soon i guess

1 comment:

  1. ehhh I dont know if you can make Cap'n Jazz sound better. 90's indie was the best, this list could go on for pages. Great blog though good for finding those local indie bands that I have yet to look at.

    ReplyDelete