28 October 2009

Quiltary, Consecos, Wood Goold, Passengers and Their Baggage

Just recently I was contacted by Biff Swenson if I would be interested in some mp3s, would I?!?! He's an awesome dude/bro/guy and, I guess you hear this alot but its compleltly true, he just wants people to hear the music he creates because he likes music and is hella committed. Biff has been in a few bands Passengers and Their Baggage and he has Quiltary (Cape Terra), Consecos and Wood Goold going on at the moment. Plus hes planning to start another band, after a break which he deserves.

Heres what he gave me to give to you guys, definatly check these out! In the interest of time for some I posted bulk zips of the files and then Biffs original links if you want uncompressed individual files.

Quiltary (Cape Terra)
I posted these about a month ago, you might of wonderd onto their myspace one or twice. They have gone few some lineup changes.

"It actually didn't start as an acoustic project. it was actually an completely different band. Cape Terra was a four piece rock band (sounding like Third Eye Blind meets Taking Back Sunday) that I drummed for. That band was together for about a year, toured and all. We lost a member, then gained two. By that time though we sounded a bit different. I moved from drums to guitar. It started sounding a bit more American Football-ish. Then our drummer and singer quit. I moved back to drums and our lead guitarist started singing. We recorded Boys with Bottle Rockets with that line-up. Then our bassist left the band. Russell (our singer) moved to bass, and our friend Matt picked up guitar. By that point it was time to change the name of the band because there were so many changes, it just wasn't the same band."

Boys with Bottles Rockets EP
American Darling (Acoustic Full Length)
.zip

The Consecos
This is really fun, its Biff and Matt (both of Quiltary) showing anyone can be a kinsella

Thin Skin For The Win EP & Live Album
.zip

Wood Goold
"Matt Goold (our current guitarist) and I are both in Wood Goold (with original Cape Terra bassist Nick Gianatiempo)" Im not sure how to describe this, it still has the noodly jammy bits but its a bit more laid back and maybe abit folky, im not sure if that does it justice. I just noticed theirs 2 more eps for download on the myspace, ill post them.

The Dog and the Moon EP
I Am the Sun EP
A Weeks Time EP

Passengers and their Baggage

"we were also in a 5 piece indie band 2 years ago called Passengers and Their Baggage. We sounded like mewithoutYou meets Anathallo" I didnt know what to expect seeing as ive been listening to the same music genre for nearly 6 months now and mwY or Anthallo I have never listened to :|, I really dig it though the guitar work is dreamy and sounds like good chilling music in the dark winter nights :3

EP & Demo
.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment